2004-10-14 - 11:48 p.m.
famous misjudgements I have made
Famous misjudgements I have made:
1) calling a cab to get home from the college, and then waiting outside, alone on a deserted street, at 11:30pm, for 35 minutes
2) working late on a proposal at the college until 11pm so that I would be stuck alone on my eery hallway, and calling a cab to get home
3) thinking that doing a Ph.D. with The Baran (Russian for old male goat) would work
4) telling my mother that nasty comment that my Uncle Bob made about her when she wasn't in the room, causing a simmering family rift to explode open and remain for years
5) sleeping with Howard when I had to work in the same room with him, and deep down I knew he didn't feel anything for me but loved Synte instead, and I should have seen that it would spiral downward to disaster
6) repeating a similar mistake with Duncan ten years later
7) dating Barry Gene Pearlstein the dancing dietician and Timmy Tailor the buttless wonder (at the same time no less)
8) staying in relationships with Max and Craig longer than I should have, because I was afraid to admit that I was bored, unhappy or simply couldn't make the relationships work on my own
9) paying $50 to that find-a-job service when I was 17, even though I had a funny feeling about it beforehand, and then realizing that their "database" was just a bunch of newspaper clippings that I had already read
10) skipping that trip to the Ukraine because of a dust emissions workshop, or for that matter missing the opportunity to go to Japan, France, Virginia, and any other travel destination because I was afraid to leave my Ph.D. thesis home alone by itself.
leave a note
...they are just words, Suzi... - 2011-08-29