2006-12-24 - 10:54 a.m.
...a christmas meme...
It's Christmas Eve, or 'Christmas' if you ask German K. (or any member of his family - he of course sat me on the phone with the entire German family and emphasized this distinction when he had the majority... but I love him anyway).
K and I have been lax about presents this year, but mostly we are glad to be together and to have a little down time. I am trying to coax him into going outside for a walk / run. He does not wish to be coaxed, apparently.
So I am sitting at my computer again - and I nicked this quiz from Heeland Lass, who nicked it from clarity25 (I used to read her but now she's locked..)
1. What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before?
moved to the west coast and Canada.
2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don't really do the New Year's resolution thing, but I suppose it is that I want my body to feel healthy again.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think anyone CLOSE to me did. But I'm thrilled for my d-land buddy Dandlioneyes, who is d-land close to me.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
My step-father, bless him, had two very close deaths in his family, and my parents lost a dear and wonderful friend to cancer.
5. What cities/countries did you visit?
eegads. Stony Brook; Ottawa; Nyack; Hammond; Alex Bay; Vancouver; Portland; Norwich and Cromer; North Carolina; every little town across the middle of the USA on our way to the Canadian border.
6. What would you like to have in 2007 which you lacked in 2006?
peace of mind at work; a healthier body.
7. What date from 2006 will remain etched in your memory, and why?
I suppose it would be April Fool's Day - K and I got married. But truthfully neither of us remember much of what happened..
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
finally living together with K, switching jobs, moving across the country.
9. What was your biggest failure?
breaking down and buying a car that I can't get rid of. letting so much stress get to me in the process of doing these things.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I caught one cold, on our Cathay Pacific flight home from Vancouver in June. I let my body go to pot from lack of exercise and stress.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
a new mattress.
12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?
K. My wonderful parents. My dearest friend Blighty, who insisted on being in attendance on April Fool's Day, for which both K and I are thankful. My beloved friends J. and katherine.
13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
Some of the crazy people at Dutchess - I miss my best friends there. I don't miss the whackos.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Being able to see a skyline and mountains from my apartment window.
16. What song will always remind you of 2006?
Anything from Dido's L1fe f0r R3nt.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: Happier or sadder? Thinner or fatter? Richer or poorer?
happier. fatter. richer.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
Chrismas Eve: cuddling, cleaning, cooking, and laughing with K. having a drink with our landlords. Then having dinner with my 'boss' at their home on Christmas day.
21. What was your favourite TV program?
We only had TV during the World Cup - so it would have to be the World Cup.
22. What was the best book you read?
huh. I've been wrapped up in a strange fantasy trilogy by G. G. Kay at the moment..but I would have to say that Song for Arbonne was my favorite - I read it every night to Dido's L1fe f0r R3nt before going to bed, before K came. I remember it so clearly and found it so beautifully written.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery?
24. What did you want and get?
A new job.
25. What did you want and NOT get?
My stolen samples back.
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
I watch so many. Absolut Warhola gets a mention. but I think I loved Barfuss the most.
27. What did you do on your birthday?
K took me to an absolutely dreadful mall. So we redid my birthday the next day by driving to a nearby cove, and it was wonderful.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
probably more exercise.
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2006?
old clothing full of holes.
30. What kept you sane?
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
TomCat! (oh god, just kidding.) It would have to be Al. He came back with this movie and will hopefully do more good for the US than he ever did as VP.
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
Global Warming. The politicization of science.
33. Whom did you miss?
A. Most of my best friends in Germany. And now my best friends from Dutchess.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006:
The one thing you can always be sure of is that everything changes (and usually when you're really settled) -- I kept this from Heeland Lass. I think it's a cool lesson.
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
“I haven't ever really found a place that I call home; I never stick around quite long enough to make it”
leave a note
...they are just words, Suzi... - 2011-08-29